ARTICLES IN JOURNAL
- Hong, R. Y., & Cheung, M. W. -L. (in press). The structure of cognitive vulnerabilities to depression and anxiety: Evidence for a common core etiologic process based on a meta-analytic review. Clinical Psychological Science.
- Liew, S. M., Thevaraja, N., Hong, R. Y., & Magiati, I. (in press). The relationship between autistic traits and social anxiety, worry, obsessive-compulsive, and depression symptoms: Specific and non-specific mediators in a student sample. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- Lies, J., Mellor, D., & Hong, R. Y., (2014). Gratitude and personal functioning among earthquake survivors in Indonesia. Journal of Positive Psychology, 9, 295-305.
- Hong, R. Y. (2013). From dispositional traits to psychopathological symptoms: Social-cognitive vulnerabilities as intervening mechanisms. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 35, 407-420.
- Paunonen, S. V., & Hong, R. Y. (2013). The many faces of assumed similarity in perceptions of personality. Journal of Research in Personality, 47, 800-815.
- Hong, R. Y., Triyono, W., & Ong, P. S. (2013). When being discrepant from one’s ideal or ought selves hurts: The moderating role of neuroticism. European Journal of Personality, 27, 256-270.
- Schirmer, A., Chen, C., Ching, A., Tan, L., & Hong, R. Y. (2013). Vocal emotions influence verbal memory: Neural correlates and inter-individual differences. Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Neuroscience, 13, 80-93.
- Hong, R. Y., Koh, S., & Paunonen, S. V. (2012). Supernumerary personality traits beyond the Big Five: Predicting materialism and unethical behavior. Personality and Individual Differences, 53, 710-715.
- Hong, R. Y., & Paunonen, S. V. (2011). Personality vulnerabilities to psychopathology: Relations between trait structure and affective-cognitive processes. Journal of Personality, 79, 527-562.
- Chen, C. Y., & Hong, R. Y. (2010). Intolerance of uncertainty moderates the relation between negative life events and anxiety. Personality and Individual Differences, 49, 49-53.
- Hong, R. Y. (2010). Neuroticism, anxiety sensitivity thoughts, and anxiety symptomatology: Insights from an experience-sampling study. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 34, 254-262.
- Haikal, M., & Hong, R. Y. (2010). The effects of social evaluation and looming threat on self-attentional biases and social anxiety. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 24, 345-352.
- Paunonen, S. V., & Hong, R. Y. (2010). Self-efficacy and the prediction of domain-specific abilities. Journal of Personality, 78, 339-360.
- Hong, R. Y., & Paunonen, S. V. (2009). Personality traits and health-risk behaviors in university students. European Journal of Personality, 23, 675-696.
- Reid, G. J., Hong, R. Y., & Wade, T. J. (2009). The relation between common sleep problems and emotional and behavioral problems among 2- and 3-year-olds in the context of known risk factors for psychopathology. Journal of Sleep Research, 18, 49-59.
- Hong, R. Y., Paunonen, S. V., & Slade, H. P. (2008). Big Five personality factors and the prediction of behavior: A multitrait-multimethod approach. Personality and Individual Differences, 45, 160-166.
- Hong, R. Y. (2007). Worry and rumination: Differential associations with anxious and depressive symptoms and coping behavior. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 45, 277-290.
- Hong, R. Y., Gwee, K., & Karia, M. (2006). The role of event-specific inferences in the etiological chain of hopelessness depression. Personality and Individual Differences, 41, 1119-1129.
- Hong, R. Y., Tan, M. S., & Chang, W. C. (2004). Locomotion and assessment: Self-regulation and subjective well-being. Personality and Individual Differences, 37, 325-332.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Hong, R. Y., & Paunonen, S. V. (forthcoming). The five factor model of personality, facets of. In J. D. Wright (Ed.), International encyclopedia of social and behavioral sciences (2nd ed.). Oxford, UK: Elsevier.
- Paunonen, S. V., & Hong, R. Y. (2015). On properties of personality traits. In L. M. Cooper & R. J. Larsen (Eds.), The APA Handbook of Personality and Social Psychology: Vol. 4. Personality Processes and Individual Differences (pp. 233-259). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Hong, R. Y., & Paunonen, S. V. (2008). The Nonverbal Personality Questionnaire and the Five-Factor Nonverbal Personality Questionnaire. In G. J. Boyle, G. Matthews & D. H. Saklofske (Eds.), Handbook of personality theory and testing: Vol. 2. Personality measurement and assessment (pp. 485-507). London: Sage Publications.